Monday, November 26, 2007

The best gift


On Sunday I asked my first grade class to draw pictures of the best gift they have ever received was. Most of the kids had a hard time because they couldn't think of what the best one was. I thought this was iconic because while we were in China one of the boys gave I believe Meredith a rubber band and told her it was the best gift he could give. I went to church think about the same thing what was the best gift I received was as I sat there I figured it out the best gift was the ability to go to church without having to have a passport.In China we met this guy who said that in China they are as free as a bird in a cage. Yes they can have there own religion but with limits and they have to keep it to themselves!! How blessed we are. And how easy it is to take for grated going to church. This is a picture of the church we went to in China the guild couldn't walk past the door because he is a Chinese resident and only people with foreign passports could go in !!

No comments: